Recipe by Kim D.
Moist chocolate cake with a layer of cheesecake on top and topped with a cherry. What more could you want in a cupcake! Festive and perfect for parties.
- 1 cup butter
- 5 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, divided
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 24 maraschino cherries, with stems well drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter and chocolate squares in a large microwave-safe bowl, on high in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Stir until smooth and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and stir until combined.
- Add 4 eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- Stir in flour and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Spoon chocolate mixture into 24 paper lined muffin cups, filling halfway.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, remaining egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and powdered sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer: mix until fluffy.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over the chocolate mixture in prepared cups, spreading to edges of paper liners.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Immediately press a cherry into each cupcake while cupcakes are still hot.
- Allow to cook on wire racks.