Kim D.'s Note:
Moist chocolate cake with a layer of cheesecake on top and topped with a cherry. What more could you want in a cupcake! Festive and perfect for parties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Melt butter and chocolate squares in a large microwave-safe bowl, on high in 30 second intervals until melted.
- 3Stir until smooth and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- 4Add sugar and stir until combined.
- 5Add 4 eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- 6Stir in flour and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- 7Spoon chocolate mixture into 24 paper lined muffin cups, filling halfway.
- 8In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, remaining egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and powdered sugar on medium speed with an electric mixer: mix until fluffy.
- 9Spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over the chocolate mixture in prepared cups, spreading to edges of paper liners.
- 10Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- 11Immediately press a cherry into each cupcake while cupcakes are still hot.
- 12Allow to cook on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry-Topped Chocolate Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.5
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 129.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g