Recipe by kmdipaolo
This is an easy recipe and makes a wonderful cheesecake. You can substitute whatever topping you like in place of the cherries.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Reserve 1 cup of the dry cake mix.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining cake mix, 1 egg and oil (mixture will be crumbly).
- Press crust mixture evenly into the bottom and 3/4 of the way up the side of a greased 13x9 baking pan.
- In the same bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar.
- Add 3 eggs and reserved cake mix.
- Beat 1 minute at medium speed.
- At low speed, slowly add milk, lemon juice and vanilla, mix until smooth.
- Pour into the crust.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 45-55 minutes, until the center is firm.
- When cool, top with cherry pie filling.