Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple to prepare but gourmet in appearance and flavor, an easy, colorful appetizer from "The Lighter Side of Italy." Can be made a day ahead if needed.
- 24 fresh cherry tomatoes
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Cut off tops of tomatoes and scoop out seeds and pulp; rinse under cold running water to remove all traces and let drain, cut side down, on paper towels.
- While tomatoes are drying, prepare filling.
- Combine cheese and pesto; blend well.
- With pastry tube (or thin knife), fill each tomato with pesto cheese mixture.
- Garnish with parsley; serve at room temperature.
- May make a day ahead and store covered in refrigerator; allow 1/2 hr to warm to room temp before serving.
Very blah. I had to add quite a bit of Mrs. Dash to bring out the flavor.
With a creamy goat cheese this would get a 5! Excellent as it is though! Very easy to make.