Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so simple yet so classy! Great as an appetizer, wonderful as a side at almost any meal, and there's no waste! People will gobble them up quickly, they are very eye-appealing.
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh chives, minced
- 2 pints yellow cherry tomatoes or 2 pints red grape tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- To Prepare the dressing:.
- place the blue cheese, buttermilk, and olive oil in a medium bowl and stir together with a fork, mashing a little to break up the cheese. Season with the lemon juice, salt. pepper and chives. Set aside.
- Wash the tomatoes, and pat dry with a paper towel. Slice each tomato in half lengthwise and season with a pinch of salt. Add the tomatoes to the dressing mixture and toss to combine then garnish with freshly ground peppe, to taste.
I loved the taste of this, but my dressing wasn't thick enough. I think I'd whisk it or use an immersion blender to get the dressing thicker....it dripped off my yummy tomatoes. But have no fear, a big slice of french bread took care of all the dressing that dripped off! The combination of flavors is perfect! Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR tag.
This lovely dish is a great way to serve up tomatoes. I used red cherry tomatoes. Love the combination of the blue cheese dressing with the tomatoes. Very pretty dish too....nice presentation. You did it again, Scoutie.