Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is so simple yet so classy! Great as an appetizer, wonderful as a side at almost any meal, and there's no waste! People will gobble them up quickly, they are very eye-appealing.
Top Review by breezermom
I loved the taste of this, but my dressing wasn't thick enough. I think I'd whisk it or use an immersion blender to get the dressing thicker....it dripped off my yummy tomatoes. But have no fear, a big slice of french bread took care of all the dressing that dripped off! The combination of flavors is perfect! Thanks for sharing. Made for PRMR tag.
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch fresh chives, minced
- 2 pints yellow cherry tomatoes or 2 pints red grape tomatoes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To Prepare the dressing:.
- place the blue cheese, buttermilk, and olive oil in a medium bowl and stir together with a fork, mashing a little to break up the cheese. Season with the lemon juice, salt. pepper and chives. Set aside.
- Wash the tomatoes, and pat dry with a paper towel. Slice each tomato in half lengthwise and season with a pinch of salt. Add the tomatoes to the dressing mixture and toss to combine then garnish with freshly ground peppe, to taste.