Miss Annie in Indy's Note:
These bite-sized morsels with a fresh crabmeat filling are easy to make and easy to eat. From the American Diabetes Association web page. I sometimes use these on a bed of torn greens for a quick lunch meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 36 large cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons small onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 lb crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup celery, minced
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pinch parsley
- 1Cut the tops off the tomatoes with a small knife and remove the pulp with a small spoon (use demitasse spoons, if you have them, or a small spoon with a pointed tip).
- 2Sprinkle the insides of each tomato with salt.
- 3Invert the tomatoes on paper towels and let them drain while you prepare the filling.
- 4Place the cottage cheese in a food processor or blender and process until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- 5Add the onion, horseradish, lemon juice, and garlic powder and process 1 minute more.
- 6Stir in the crabmeat, celery, and green pepper.
- 7Stuff each tomato with some of the crabmeat filling.
- 8Arrange on a serving platter and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour before serving.
- 9Garnish each tomatoes with parsley.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed With Crab
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 377.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.6 g