Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These bite-sized morsels with a fresh crabmeat filling are easy to make and easy to eat. From the American Diabetes Association web page. I sometimes use these on a bed of torn greens for a quick lunch meal.
- 36 large cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1⁄2 cup celery, minced
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 pinch parsley
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes with a small knife and remove the pulp with a small spoon (use demitasse spoons, if you have them, or a small spoon with a pointed tip).
- Sprinkle the insides of each tomato with salt.
- Invert the tomatoes on paper towels and let them drain while you prepare the filling.
- Place the cottage cheese in a food processor or blender and process until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Add the onion, horseradish, lemon juice, and garlic powder and process 1 minute more.
- Stir in the crabmeat, celery, and green pepper.
- Stuff each tomato with some of the crabmeat filling.
- Arrange on a serving platter and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish each tomatoes with parsley.