Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This was a real hit at a Christmas Party I went to last year. Not only was the idea original and the presentation artistic, but everyone loved it! They are served in a large way- oversized novelty martini glass. They are absolutely delicious and reminded me of a bite of Bloody Mary
- 30 -40 small cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 750 ml grey goose vodka (or equivalent quality Vodka)
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- parsley (garnish)
- lemon pepper seasoning (served in high ball)
- toothpick (placed in shot glass)
- Cut a shallow cross shape in the top of each tomato, put them in a large bowl and add the garlic (as much or as little as you like), a little salt, Tabasco (optional) and above all vodka.
- Allow the tomatoes to soak up the vodka, stirring occasionally; Let them soak overnight and after 24 hours they can be put in the refrigerator.
- Once you are at the party pour into the large oversized martini glass and serve with a shot glass of Lemon Pepper for dipping and a shot glass with toothpicks.
Great to serve as a cold appetizer! Such a fun presentation in a large martini glass with the shot of lemon pepper next to it!
A real crowd pleaser ! Hic Hic!!
Not sure what I done wrong. Made this for a Christmas party, and thought they would be nice. Followed the recipe to the letter, and everyone said they were way to strong. I will make again with less to see if they are any better.
it actually gets 5 stars for the original presentation, but only 4 stars for the flavor. very original, half my guests loved it and half didn't. i guess you have to be a vodka lover. thanks for the original idea.