Recipe by eightthirty
Cherry tomatoes served with an aged Spanish sheep's milk cheese. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers on the side. Warning: this cheese is expensive, but worth it. However, it can be substituted with Brie.
- 36 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 16 ounces sheep's milk cheese, Torta del Casar (if unavailable you can substitute Torta de la Serena or Brie)
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup milk
- 5 ounces diced tomatoes (canned)
- 1 pinch fresh basil
- 1 pinch thyme
- 1 pinch rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt cheese, milk and cream over very low heat stirring constantly to prevent it from separating.
- Season with freshly-chopped basil and a pinch of rosemary and thyme.
- Arrange the mini tomatoes on the plates.
- Top with cheese sauce.
- Put remaining sauce in dish and top with diced tomatoes.
- Use remaining as a dip for chips or crackers.