Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Easy to put together, just give a few hours to marinate! Adapted from Fresh Greenmarket Cookbook by Carole Schneider. Cooking time is marinating time.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh basil leaf
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- Prick each tomato all over with a toothpick.
- Mix lemon juice and basil. Pour oil over mixture, whisking until liquids are completely blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place tomatoes in a shallow glass dish and cover with lemon oil dressing. Chill for several hours, tossing occasionally. Enjoy!
These are yummy. I added a clove of garlic and used less of the dressing (one tablespoon oil and two tablespoons lemon). The fresh basil is nice.
Thnx for sharing this wonderfully simple and delicious dish, Sharon. I left the tomatoes overnight, and the flavor was outstanding. And the leftover dressing is great as a stand-alone salad dressing, too. Made for KcK's Forum.
Looks delicious-can't wait to try it!