Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had gotten this recipe from my husband's mom. This is a Polish recipe that he absolutely loves when he lived in Poland and even here in the states
- 25 -30 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 -4 slices of medium onions
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 10 peppercorns
- chopped parsley (optional)
- 1. Mix water, salt, sugar and gelatin and bring to a boil.
- 2. In a 16 oz jar layer onion, tomato, garlic, parsley (optional), peppercorns and bay leaf. Repeat if room in the jar.
- 3. Fill jar with water, sugar, and gelatin mixture.
- 4. Put jar in a hot water bath ands then boil for 10 minutes.
- 5. Pull jar out of boiling water and let cool then put in pantry or refridgerator.