Recipe by Tish
Sounds like a lot of trouble peeling cherry tomatoes but it's worth the effort to create these wonderful appetizers. At the picnic, you can eat them with picks directly from the serving container!
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 green onions, sliced (including tops)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil (may be part olive oil)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomatoes, a few at a time, in a wire strainer and immerse in a large pan of rapidly boiling water for about 15 seconds.
- Immediately rinse tomatoes under cold water.
- Slip off and discard peels and stems, and place tomatoes in a shallow container with a tight fitting lid In a small bowl, combine vinegar, onions, basil, oregano, garlic salt, pepper, and oil, beat well and pour over tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until next day, stirring several times To serve, eat with wooden picks directly from container, or spoon tomatoes onto plates.