This salad is really simple (and you can probably substitute whatever vinegar you have, making it even more simple) and delicious. I didn't precisely measure my ingredients, so you can start with smaller quantities and make it 'to taste' if you don't have my sour tooth!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice tomatoes in half and put into a medium sized bowl.
- 2Sprinkle tomatoes with salt, dress with vinegar and oil and toss together.
- 3Cut basil leaves into chiffonade (roll leaves together as if making a cigar and run your knife perpendicular through at very thin intervals--the result will be little strips of basil).
- 4Sprinkle basil over tomatoes, add pepper, toss and serve.
- 5Notes: I thought that the salad tasted the best after a few hours. The downside is that your basil can turn a little dark. I'd still say it is worth letting the salad mascerate for a couple hours--maybe adding basil leaves in an hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Tomato, White Balsamic Vinegar and Basil Salad
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 149.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar