Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious tomato tarts, perfect for a cocktail party. The frozen puff pastry comes 2 sheets to the box and the halloumi is a Greek grilling cheese.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 18 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 5 ounces halloumi cheese, cut into 1-inch chunks
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Unfold the pastry on a lightly floured counter. Use a 2 1/2 to 3-inch biscuit cutter to cut rounds from the pastry.
- Gently press each round into a 2-inch tart mold. A mini-muffin tin could also be used, which is what I did. Use your fingers to press the dough against the top edge of the mold, pinching away and discarding any excess dough.
- Place 4 tomato quarters in each mold, then wedge a piece of cheese between them.
- Arrange the tarts (or muffin tins) on a rimmed baking sheet, then season them with salt, pepper and thyme leaves.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and brown at the edges. Let the tarts cool a bit before removing them from the molds.
- The tarts can be served warm or at room temperature. You can also cool them, then refrigerate and re-heat briefly just before serving.