Hey Jude's Note:
Delicious tomato tarts, perfect for a cocktail party. The frozen puff pastry comes 2 sheets to the box and the halloumi is a Greek grilling cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Unfold the pastry on a lightly floured counter. Use a 2 1/2 to 3-inch biscuit cutter to cut rounds from the pastry.
- 3Gently press each round into a 2-inch tart mold. A mini-muffin tin could also be used, which is what I did. Use your fingers to press the dough against the top edge of the mold, pinching away and discarding any excess dough.
- 4Place 4 tomato quarters in each mold, then wedge a piece of cheese between them.
- 5Arrange the tarts (or muffin tins) on a rimmed baking sheet, then season them with salt, pepper and thyme leaves.
- 6Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and brown at the edges. Let the tarts cool a bit before removing them from the molds.
- 7The tarts can be served warm or at room temperature. You can also cool them, then refrigerate and re-heat briefly just before serving.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Tomato Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (802 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.4
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 68.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: