Recipe by Wild Thyme Flour
This look very elegant as a starter. You will need 10cm tartelet cases for this.
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 14 cherry tomatoes
- 40 g basil pesto (pesto genovese)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- cut the tomatoes in half and with a melon baller or spoon, empty the seedy part inside.
- Fill with some pesto and stuff in 1 caper.
- Grease the tartelet case with some oil and distribute the pistachio in the bottom of the cases.
- Place the cherry tomatoes over the pistachios, cut side up. don't let the tomatoes touch the side of the tartelet pan so that the pastry will fit nicely around then and form a border.
- Cut 4 discs of pastry 12cm in diameter then place on top of the tomatoes.Press the pastry around the border so that it will surround the tomatoes.
- Make holes with a fork on the surface of the pastry so that it won't rise too much.
- Bake at 200C for 20 minutes, then invert onto white serving plated with a few green salad leaves.