Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another recipe from Rachael Ray that looks really good!
Make and share this Cherry Tomato Spaghetti All'amatriciana - Rachael Ray recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb pancetta, cut into small pieces
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 finely grated garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 pints small cherry tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium to medium high heat. Add the pancetta and cook until crisp, 3-4 minutes. Add the red onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper and cooked until softned, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the wine and cook for 1 minute, then add the tomatoes, parsley and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Cook until the tomatoes burst, 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in reserved pasta cooking water and then the pasta, tossing to coat. Turn off the heat, add the basil, cheese and serve.
I love this recipe and am glad to see it's posted. I've substituted shallots for the onion with great results. This dish really does come together fast, so it helps to have all of the ingredients handy when putting it together. A really great use for home grown basil and tomatoes!