Recipe by Andreahjh
This is an excellent, quick and easy Jamie Oliver recipe. You could use other pasta but Spaghetti mixes easily with the tomatoes. Delicious with Basil. Haven't tried it with Marjoram yet.
- 455 g spaghetti
- 310 -400 g cherry tomatoes (red and/ or yellow)
- 1 cup fresh basil or 1 cup marjoram leaves
- 6 -8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pasta in large pan of salted boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Halve the tomatoes and place in a large bowl with the herbs, olive oil, garlic and vinegar Season to taste.
- Squash some of the tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
- When cooked, drain the pasta and while still hot mix well with the tomatoes.