Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an excellent, quick and easy Jamie Oliver recipe. You could use other pasta but Spaghetti mixes easily with the tomatoes. Delicious with Basil. Haven't tried it with Marjoram yet.
- 455 g spaghetti
- 310 -400 g cherry tomatoes (red and/ or yellow)
- 1 cup fresh basil or 1 cup marjoram leaves
- 6 -8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Place pasta in large pan of salted boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Halve the tomatoes and place in a large bowl with the herbs, olive oil, garlic and vinegar Season to taste.
- Squash some of the tomatoes with the back of a spoon.
- When cooked, drain the pasta and while still hot mix well with the tomatoes.
A nice change from spaghetti with red sauce and a great way to use up cherry tomatos when the garden gets ahead of you. I enjoyed it cold as well.