Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
A recipe taken in Coup de Pouce, September 2004. Posted for ZWT4. This sauce is perfect with chicken or fish croquettes. Also on pasta or pork chops.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh black pepper
- 473.18 ml cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2.46 ml lemon zest, grated
- 1.23 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice
- In a skillet, heat oil at medium-low heat. Add garlic, half of the parsley, salt and pepper and cook, while stirring, for about 2 minutes or until garlic begins to smell.
- Add cherry tomatoes, lemon zest and sugar and keep on cooking at medium-high heat, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until cherry tomatoes have softened. Add lemon juice and remaining of parsley and stir.
This is delicious, sweet and savory I can barely get it to the pasta before eating it all!
This sauce is delicious! I used grape tomatoes on the vine, jarred minced garlic, dried parsley, and one packet of Truvia sugar substitute. Love garlic so added a bit more and used the juice of one small lemon. The tomatoes were sweet and the lemon juice brightened the flavors and blended them together. Couldnt stop tasting so I could review the recipe! :) This will definitely be made again. Made and reviewed for the Game Forums Went to the Market Tag Game.
Wonderful , flavourful tomato sauce!! I had some grape tomatoes I had to use up. The combination of ingredients was perfect and sooo tasty! we especially enjoyed the touch of lemon juice and zest. So easy and quick to put together, I will make it often. Thanks for posting this very versatile recipe, I will use it in many different ways.