This is so simple to make. It's worth it to allow some time for this to sit in the fridge - the olives will infuse the tomatoes with a wondeful salty tang.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the tomatoes well with cold water. I normally cut them in half, and also cut off any stems or blemishes, then add them to a bowl. Roughly chop the olives and add to the tomatoes.
- 2Squish the mixture with your fingers so the tomatoes give off some juice and everything is nicely mixed.
- 3Drizzle in a very little bit of the vinegar and olive oil.
- 4Stash this in the fridge for a while if you have time, then top with some shredded basil just before eating.
- 5Another great way to serve this is to toast some slices of cheese bread (try my Cheese Bread (A B M)), rub both sides with a cut garlic clove, then mound the tomato mixture on top. Lay very thin slices of the fresh mozarella on top, and broil for a minute or two. Garnish with shredded basil and freshly ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Tomato Salad With Kalamata Olives
Serving Size: 1 (61 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 21.8
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 100.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g