Recipe by Sackville
I haven't tried this yet but it does sound like a nice summer salad to use up all those cherry tomatoes from the garden! Don't forget to leave an hour aside for chilling, after you've put the dish together.
Top Review by Cande0
this was made for us over the Memorial Weekend - and we've made it TWICE since then! It's a fabulous, fresh, easy salad! Throw a little feta on top once you' scoop it onto the plate or bowl - Mmmmm mmmmmm good!
- 40 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted and sliced green olives
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 3 ounces pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Take a big bowl and mix together cherry tomatoes, green olives, black olives, and spring onion.
- In a dry skillet, toast pine nuts over medium heat until golden brown, turning frequently.
- Stir into tomato mixture.
- Separately, mix together olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, and oregano.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour over salad, and gently stir to coat.
- Chill for 1 hour.