Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I haven't tried this yet but it does sound like a nice summer salad to use up all those cherry tomatoes from the garden! Don't forget to leave an hour aside for chilling, after you've put the dish together.
- 40 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted and sliced green olives
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 3 ounces pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- Take a big bowl and mix together cherry tomatoes, green olives, black olives, and spring onion.
- In a dry skillet, toast pine nuts over medium heat until golden brown, turning frequently.
- Stir into tomato mixture.
- Separately, mix together olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, and oregano.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour over salad, and gently stir to coat.
- Chill for 1 hour.
this was made for us over the Memorial Weekend - and we've made it TWICE since then! It's a fabulous, fresh, easy salad! Throw a little feta on top once you' scoop it onto the plate or bowl - Mmmmm mmmmmm good!
Awesome way to use up garden cherry tomatoes. It's colorful and tasty. I think it makes a nice picnic/potluck salad because you can bet it won't be a duplicate. Just to cut some fat, I decreased the oil to 1/4 cup. It was still wonderful. Thanx!
This was great! I used fresh, home grown cherry tomatoes and the flavor was absolutely wonderful. I had lots of complements and some requests for the recipe. This one is a keeper. I made it to serve along side of quiche.