Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice, simple salad from Elizabeth Powell. It also travels well for picnics in a thermos.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Wash and stem tomatoes. Dry completely.
- Cook bacon until very crisp; drain thoroughly on paper towels.
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and basil. Pour over tomatoes, crumble bacon over all, and stir to coat tomatoes with dressing. Serve on lettuce leaves, sprinkled with chives.
- Serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.
DH loved this salad and before I could say rate 1-5 he said 5! I used real bacon bits and did not top with chives. Not sure why it didnt work to well for me because I enjoy all the ingredients and love bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwiches. Will be making this again for him soon I think. :) Made and reviewed for lazyme's cookathon.
Fantastic Salad!!! Loved it...had it for lunch today with roast pork sandwiches! Perfect! Jelly :)
Delicious! I made this to go with Baked Horseradish Salmon With Chardonnay Chive Butter Sauce#339365 and Twice-Baked Potatoes With Blue Cheese and Rosemary#339382#339382. Very simple and delicious. Thank you.