Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is Howard Helmer, the Omelet Kings, recipe. This is very good.
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon cooking oil or 1 teaspoon cooking spray
- 1 cup sliced baby portabella mushrooms (about 2 to 2.5 oz.)
- 2 cherry tomatoes, wedged or 4 grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons bottled low-fat ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In 7 to 10-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes.
- Cook stirring frequently, until tomatoes are heated through, about 1 minute.
- Remove mushrooms and tomatoes from pan.
- Cover and keep warm.
- In small bowl, beat together eggs and dressing until blended.
- Pour egg mixture into pan.
- (Mixture should set immediately at edges.).
- With an inverted pancake turner, carefully push cooked portions at edges toward center so uncooked portions can reach hot pan surface, tilting pan and moving cooked portions as necessary.
- When top is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, fill with reserved mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
- With pancake turner, fold omelet in half or roll.
- Invert onto plate with a quick flip of the wrist or slide from pan onto plate.