Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from the cooking section of the paper.
Make and share this Cherry Tomato Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely torn fresh basil leaf
- 6 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
- Place oil in a skillet over LOW heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper; raise heat to medium and cook, gently smashing some of the tomatoes with the back of the spoon (leave some whole), until the sauce is thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the basil.
- Add the pasta, combine well and serve immediately, topped with grated cheese.
Turned out OK, not as good as I had hoped. I think roasting the tomatoes in the oven would have been more flavorful.
My family loved this recipe. I split the basil with oregano and it turned out wonderful. I will use this every year, now when my garden is over ran with cherry tomatoes.
Lots of flavor, even though I did not have fresh basil on hand. Didn't even bother to add the dried since it was tasty "as is." Added the opt. parmesan cheese. I'll be trying more of your recipes, lilkittykt! Roxygirl