- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely torn fresh basil leaf
- 6 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked
- grated parmesan cheese, for serving (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place oil in a skillet over LOW heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, until golden, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper; raise heat to medium and cook, gently smashing some of the tomatoes with the back of the spoon (leave some whole), until the sauce is thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the basil.
- Add the pasta, combine well and serve immediately, topped with grated cheese.