Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love the fresh mozzarella cubes in this flavorful warm side dish. Great in the summer. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- In large skillet, saute the shallots, garlic and thyme in oil until tender.
- Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
Excellent, great way to use up a bumper crop of cherry tomatoes! Very quick to put together. Served with fried chicken & mac & cheese for a delicious summer dinner. Thanks for sharing.
ohhh this was side dish with shrimp tonight and so so successful. My friend was up with her daughter who is a carnivore and shrimp eater but not veggies etc. I did 2 lbs of shrimp and this and then i saw her lean over to her parent..i was in the kitchen as they were eating..and say "i just stole food from kay, and not the shrimp!" It is perfect. We have all had caprese salad but this is far better with the sauteeing. I used mini heirloom tomato mix and fresh lemon thyme and basil
This is a very light and refreshing summer salad. I used roma tomatoes as that's all we had. I reduced it by half, and it went in no time. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)