Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Clean Eating magazine. Posted here for safe-keeping.
- 1 lb lean ground sirloin
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 2 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped onions
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Pam cooking spray
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except meat and tomatoes.
- Add mixture to ground sirloin and mix well.
- Shape 1/4 cup of the meat mixture evenly around each tomato so that the tomato is hidden inside the meatball.
- Spray a baking dish with Pam.
- Place meatballs in baking dish and bake at 375 degrees Farenheit for 25-30 minutes.
I made this recipe for my Mom and husband - everyone loved it! I'll be making it again very soon.
This was not as good as it looked in the magazine. The tomatoes did not cook through. I also added parmesean cheese to the meat, but probably should have added garlic too. I would make again, but cook it a little longer. Recipe made more than 4 servings, maybe because my cherry tomatoes were larger.