Our guests always enjoy these snacks. They are easy to make and can be stuffed with cooked chicken, ham, tuna, or just celery and onions for a vegetarian dish.
- Slice your cherry tomatoes in half. Scoop out the interior with a melon ball scoop, and place your tomatoes on a serving dish.
- Make sure your celery and onions are finely chopped. Using a fork and a folding motion, mix them in a bowl with your mayonnaise.
- Add 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken (you can also substitute tuna or ham) to the bowl with your celery and onions. Mix with fork continuing your folding motion until you achieve the desired consistency.
- If you are not adding meat, substitute an additional 3/4 cup each of finely chopped celery and onions.
- Add more Mayo if you like, but be careful. Too much will make your filling soggy.
- Using your melon ball scoop, fill each tomato with a scoop of your filling. When all are done, sprinkle with dried parsley flakes, cover, and place in your refrigerator to chill. Serve about 1 hour after making.
- This recipe makes 24 Hors D'oeuvres. You can increase ingredients proportionately if you want to make more.
We really enjoyed these, and a big plus is that they are healthy too! I made them with tuna and subbed green onions for the onion since I can't eat raw onion. Delicious, thanks for posting.