Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is quick, easy and delicious. It is from Taste of Homes, Weeknight Cooking Made Easy. I used frozen sweet white corn.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the basil, oil, lime juice, sugar, salt and pepper, shake well.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, tomatoes and cucumber. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving.
This is so good! Perfect summer flavors! I like to grill corn on the cob in the husks, then cut the kernels off the cob for this salad. I always get asked for this recipe!
Tried this for the first time at the beach last year for all my girlfriends. We loved it! I used fresh corn but left out the cucumbers. Instead, I added sugar snap peas (chopped but not too fine). Fabulous! Can't wait to make it with fresh snap peas and cherry tomatoes from the garden this year.
This was good but it's so much better with fresh corn rather than frozen. English cucumbers work nicely for crunch and add a hit of colour when left unpeeled