Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dish sounds absolutely delicious with the gruyere cheese and herbs. Can't wait to try this recipe.
- 14 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (or snipped fresh chives or finely shredded fresh basil)
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Lightly grease an oval ovenproof dish. Arrange the cherry tomatoes in the dish and sprinkle with the herbs and half the cheese.
- Put the flour in a mixing bowl, then slowly add the eggs, whisking until smooth. Whisk in the sour cream; then slowly whisk in the milk to make a thin, smooth batter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Gently pour the batter over the tomatoes, then sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until set and puffy. Cover top with foil if it browns too much before the batter sets. If serving hot, let the clafoutis cool a few minutes before cutting, or let cool to room temperature.