Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
The cherry tomatoes add fresh tangy flavor to this spicy dish.
- 2 chicken breasts
- your favorite salad dressing (not creamy)
- 1 box Spanish rice (Rice a Roni or your favorite)
- 1⁄4 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated.
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters.
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- cayenne pepper
- hot sauce
- pickled jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- Marinate the chicken breasts for an hour in your favorite non-creamy salad dressing (I use zesty italian)
- Bake the chicken in a glass baking dish for 50-60 minutes (or until done) at 375 degrees.
- Make the Spanish Rice (follow the directions on the box).
- Fry the sliced onion in a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Once the onions are half-cooked, add the cherry tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes are hot, add the salsa and cayenne pepper and hot sauce to taste.
- Remove the chicken from the baking dish and replace it with the finished rice.
- Put the chicken breasts on top and then spoon the tomato mixture over the chicken and rice.
- Scatter pickled jalapenos over the dish (optional).
- Sprinkle the cheese over the dish and then put it back into the oven for 8-10 minutes or until everything is heated throughout and the cheese is melted.