Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
A simple pasta dish with a hint of spice makes for a super satisfying supper.
- 198.44 g spaghetti
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 198.44 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 9.85 ml capers, roughly chopped
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, grated, to serve (optional)
- Boil the spaghetti. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the garlic and fry, stirring all the time, until golden.
- Add the chili, tomatoes and capers and fry for a further 3-4 mins until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Add 2 tbsp of the pasta cooking water to the tomatoes, then drain the pasta and return to the pan.
- Pour in the tomato sauce and toss everything together well.
- Serve as it is or sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan.
Great recipe, I tripled the garlic suggestion and it was great! Quick and easy, and is different.
My husband and I really enjoyed this different pasta sauce. I added a can of quartered artichoke hearts and doubled the capers and it tasted fantastic - can't wait to make it again!
Wish I could give this more than a 5 star rating, wonderful spaghetti! I ran out of fresh garlic so I used dried minced garlic and red pepper flakes for the red chili pepper. Had a 10 ounce container of cherry tomatoes so used all of them and 3 teaspoons of capers. The garlic and red pepper is so good and the tomatoes are sweet with a little bite from the capers. I could eat this everyday and be happy. Very quick to make and would be great for a weekend night family dinner or a nice dinner with friends. Will be making this again! Thank you English Rose for sharing this recipe. Made and reviewed for the Cooking Photo Forums 5 A DAY-ARE YOU DOING IT ? Fruits & Veggies of summer July event.