Recipe by English_Rose
These baby balls of flavour make an elegant cold canapé that's easy to make in bulk. Cook's note: Buy the bigger variety of cherry tomato as these are easier to stuff.
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 5 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, rindless
- 2 tablespoons single cream
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- chives, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons caviar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the base off each of the cherry tomatoes and scoop out the seeds. Put them, cut side down and sit on kitchen paper to absorb any tomato juices from inside.
- In a bowl, mix together the goat's cheese, cream and chopped chives and season with salt and pepper. This can now be spooned or piped (piping looks more stylish and professional) into the hollowed-out tomatoes.
- Cut the chives for the garnish into 1cm lengths. Top each tomato with a little caviar and a couple of pieces of chive.