1/7 Photos of Cherry Tomato, Bocconcini and Basil Bruschetta
Charlotte J's Note:
Here is another Italian snack. You can omit the arugula leaves if you want.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 bocconcini, halved or 13 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 20 ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaf, plus extra for serving
- 4 slices thick country bread, preferably sourdough
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 cup arugula leaf
- 1Whisk together three tablespoons of the olive oil and the balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
- 2Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3Stir in the cheese, tomatoes and basil leaves.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Grill the bread on both sides until lightly browned and crisp.
- 6Rub one side of each slice of bread with the garlic, then sprinkle with olive oil.
- 7Cover each slice of bread with several arugula leaves.
- 8Spoon the tomato and cheese mixture over the arugula.
- 9Sprinkle each bruschetta with additional olive oil, then top with basil leaves.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Tomato, Bocconcini and Basil Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.4
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 100.9 mg
- Sodium 1136.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 36.9 g