Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Here is another Italian snack. You can omit the arugula leaves if you want.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 bocconcini, halved or 13 ounces mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 20 ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup torn fresh basil leaf, plus extra for serving
- 4 slices thick country bread, preferably sourdough
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 cup arugula leaf
- Whisk together three tablespoons of the olive oil and the balsamic vinegar in a bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the cheese, tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Set aside.
- Grill the bread on both sides until lightly browned and crisp.
- Rub one side of each slice of bread with the garlic, then sprinkle with olive oil.
- Cover each slice of bread with several arugula leaves.
- Spoon the tomato and cheese mixture over the arugula.
- Sprinkle each bruschetta with additional olive oil, then top with basil leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Fabulous! So tasty and fresh! Full of flavor. Made for ZWT7 and the Vivacious Violets.
I used Italian Bread, Italian Bread, instead of sourdough bread. Absolutely wonderful. I did use the arugula, and picked the basil right off my plant on my deck. Can't get any fresher than that. This is just fabulous....it is so easy to make.....will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT7!
Yum! I love bruschetta and this was very nice. I was using small slices of sourdough baguette, so should have cut the veggies/cheese much smaller. It was still really good tho, lol. I made this for my grandson and me, and the intent was that he would take some home with him. As it turns out, a couple of his friends showed up and 'sampled' everything right up with great mmmm.... sounds. He didn't get to take anything home afterall, lol. Thanks Charlotte J for a nice appy. Made for ZWT7 by an Emerald City Shaker.