This is a recipe of my own invention. These little bites make a nice summer appetizer when tomatoes are at their peak. Yield is an estimate as it all depends on the size of your tomatoes. :)
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses, garlic, seasoning, chives, and milk.
- Slice 1/4 inch off the bottom of each tomato, reserving the bottoms. (The stem side should be flat enough for them to stand upright. If not, slice a tiny bit off so they will stand up before moving on to the next step.).
- Remove as much of the seeds and pulp from the tomatoes as you can.
- Fill each tomato with about 1 tsp cheese filling per tomato. Top with reserved bottoms.
- Place on a tray, stem side down and serve at once, or refrigerate, covered, up to 2 hours (let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving).