Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A wonderful salad with strong flavours. I wouldn't have a salad any other way.
Make and share this Cherry Tomato, Bacon and Basil Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 slices lean bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh basil, plus
- 6 basil sprigs
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- In a bowl, toss together tomatoes, bacon and chopped basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil in a steady stream, whisking until emulsified.
- Pour dressing over tomatoes, toss lightly and garnish with basil sprigs.
Simple things are always the best things, and this recipe was very good. The flavors and textures are a classic mix. The dressing simple, but complimentary to the salad ingredients. I wouldn't make this in the winter as the tomatoes have no taste, but farmer's market tomatoes in the summer can't be beat. Excellent recipe, Evelyn, thanks for sharing the recipe.
I think some cubes of mozzarella would be great with this salad.