This is a great way to use up some of your last of summer vegetables. It is refreshing and light!
Make and share this Cherry Tomato Avocado Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups avocados, diced medium
- 2 cups grape tomatoes or 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups cucumbers, peeled and diced medium
- 1 cup red onion, diced small
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- fresh black pepper
- bibb lettuce, as desired
- Gently toss ingredients together and serve on a bed of fresh Bibb lettuce.
This was very good. I have made a similiar dish with no avocado with a balsamic based dressing. This helped me use up some fresh cilantro and avocados that the neighborhood kids were selling. I couldn't pass up buy some at .50 each. ;)
Perfect summer salad. I love salads like this! So colorful, light and refreshing. The cilantro really adds a nice fresh flavor. My cherry tomato plants are producing like crazy, so I was happy to find this salad recipe. Thanx for posting this in the Recipe Request Forum! It's a keeper!
This was a tasty salad with no additional dressing needed. I made a reduced amount and served with Chiles Rellenos for a quick lunch. Thanks Tish for sharing your recipe. I will use it again! :-)