Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick to prepare. I saw it in the Sun Sentinel but it is adapted from Bite Size: Elegant Recipes for Entertaining, Francoise Payard.
- Cut off top of each tomato with a sharp knife.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out and discard tomato pulp.
- In a bowl, whisk goat cheese and olive oil until smooth.
- Stir in scallions, basil, tarragon and black pepper; season with salt.
- Place cheese mixture in plastic pastry bag, or resealable plastic bag with a 1/4 inch opening cut in tip or corner.
- You can prepare cheese a few hours before your party and keep it refrigerated, but it's.
- best to place it in a bag and pipe it shortly before serving.
- Season inside of each tomato with salt.
- Pipe in enough cheese mixture so that the filling is just coming out of the top.