Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can make these ahead of time to have ready for your guests.
- 40 cherry tomatoes
- 7 1⁄2 ounces tuna
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, to moisten (about)
- Cut thin slice from stem end of each tomato.
- Remove pulp, and invert on paper towel to drain.
- Combine all other ingredients to form a creamy consistency.
- Stuff tomatoes using a small spoon.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Make ahead and chill.
If you like tuna salad and tomatoes, you will love these nifty little appetizers. They were fun to make, and fun to eat. Followed the recipe exactly and sent a tray to DD work where they were gobbled up.
Bev this is a great recipe, even someone who does not like tuna, liked this! I made one plate with tuna and one plate with crab and sprinkled them with old bay seasoning and it was a big hit. Thanks for a great recipe, I will be making this often. Melody
It was a friend's birthday and we always have a few appetizers before going out for lunch - I served these along withCucumber & cream cheese. Lovely color combinations. I got everything ready at home kept the tomatoes & cream cheese mixture on ice while travelling and filled them when I got there. I used shrimp instead of Tuna (Birthday girl doesn't like fish) excellent. These are easy and you can make ahead too.I thought I had made too many but they all disappeared. Thanks Bev for a recipe I will make again & again.