Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Add 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cumin along with the tomatoes and use mint instead of basil for a Middle Eastern version of this colourful vegetable medley. To toast the pine nuts, place in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Recipe by Johanna Burkhard, at lcbo.ca.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lightly toasted pine nuts
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add zucchini and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes, green onions and balsamic vinegar.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender and tomatoes are heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with basil and pine nuts and serve immediately.
A lovely change of pace from cold salads! Love how quick this is to put together - and how great it tastes. Thank you Evelyn!
Fantastic!! This was so delicious. Made this for the day after Thanksgiving (how much turkey can you eat???) Here in the permafrost, November is not within our 45 day growing season, I still used the cherry tomatoes from the store. I don't know where they come from, but it was still yummy. Thanks Evelyn!!
This is a great side dish for this time of year. It's colorful, easy, tasty, and quick. We served it alongside a veggie chicken patty on a bun with fixins.