Recipe by evelyn/athens
Add 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cumin along with the tomatoes and use mint instead of basil for a Middle Eastern version of this colourful vegetable medley. To toast the pine nuts, place in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes. Recipe by Johanna Burkhard, at lcbo.ca.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lightly toasted pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat. Add zucchini and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add cherry tomatoes, green onions and balsamic vinegar.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender and tomatoes are heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with basil and pine nuts and serve immediately.