Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another vegemite recipe find, when looking for a way to use up the cherry tomatoes I had. Oh so yummy, but you have to like Vegemite to really enjoy this recipe, but if you love it as much as my family does, then this is a must try recipe.
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100 g button mushrooms, quartered
- 60 g cream cheese, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegemite
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Cut each pastry sheet into 4 even squares. Place onto lined oven trays and fold over 2cm of each edge to form a border around the edge of each square. Cut slits along the border every 2-3 cm all the way around the square. Brush lightly with the beaten eggwhite.
- Top the pastry squares with the tomatoes, mushrooms and cream cheese.
- Combine the Vegemite, honey and rosemary and drizzle over each square.
- Bake at 200°C fan-forced for 12-15 minutes until base is crisp and golden.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
These were SO tasty! I had to use the M word instead of the V word - yes, Marmite was used instead of Vegemite.......but they still tasted great! DO not be put off by adding the honey and the rosemary to this recipe, they were the ingredients that really made these tarts special IMHO!!! I also made mine into ROUNDS instead of squares - using a Yorkshire Pudding tin. GREAT and very tasty tarts, and I will make these again for picnics - they would be great to eat outside in the Summer! Delicious Tisme - I hope you can forgive me for making them with Marmite instead of Vegemite! FT:-)