Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from a Rachael Ray recipe.
Make and share this Cherry Tomato and Ravioli Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 946.38 ml cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 59.14 ml sweet onion, chopped
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 946.36 ml chicken stock
- 473.18 ml water
- 453.59 g fresh cheese ravioli, thawed if frozen
- 236.59 ml fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning
- 59.14 ml parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- In large, deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid, or a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and garlic and onion; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the tomatoes burst and a thick sauce forms, 7-8 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, then add the ravioli and cook until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the basil and Italian seasoning to wilt.
- Serve the soup and top with the cheese.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Incredible and delicious!! It is also quite easy to make. I used grape tomatoes, which worked out fine. For the ravioli, I used to kinds of fresh ravioli - spinach and ricotta, and gorgonzola and mascarpone. The flavors were awesome. The tomatoes had a smoky, caramelized aspect to them which really took this over the top. Thanks for sharing another winner, Lainey!!