Recipe by Lainey6605
Adapted from a Rachael Ray recipe.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
Incredible and delicious!! It is also quite easy to make. I used grape tomatoes, which worked out fine. For the ravioli, I used to kinds of fresh ravioli - spinach and ricotta, and gorgonzola and mascarpone. The flavors were awesome. The tomatoes had a smoky, caramelized aspect to them which really took this over the top. Thanks for sharing another winner, Lainey!!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, chopped
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb fresh cheese ravioli, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In large, deep skillet with a tight-fitting lid, or a Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the cherry tomatoes and garlic and onion; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the pan and cook, shaking the pan occasionally, until the tomatoes burst and a thick sauce forms, 7-8 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, then add the ravioli and cook until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the basil and Italian seasoning to wilt.
- Serve the soup and top with the cheese.
- Serve with crusty bread.