Recipe by Christine in Chicago
The ground mustard makes this an easy, but tasty and unusual side dish. DH can polish off the whole pan!
Top Review by A la Carte
Amazing! This was sooo good! I used tomatoes from the garden and just quartered them. This was such a nice combo of flavors, I want to make this again very soon! Great with meatloaf last night, but I would think it would be good with grilled anything. It is almost like a chutney in a way, so good!
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint white pearl onion
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon superfine ground mustard
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve cherry tomatoes, trim and halve onions (an equal amount of regular onion can be used- it's not as pretty, but it's quicker!).
- In a hot skillet, add a small amount of chicken broth.
- Add onions and saute over medium heat until they begin to soften and start to brown slightly, about 5 minutes (depends on the size of your onions, though!) Add tomatoes, and reduce heat to medium low.
- Add more broth if pan looks dry.
- When tomatoes have begun to soften, add spices, stirring to distribute evenly.
- Serve hot.