Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Lovely side dish, but I like it for lunch over toasted French bread and sometimes sprinkle with whatever cheese we have around.
- 1 tablespoon soft margarine
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1⁄2 lb medium mushroom, halved
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, stems removed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- In large nonstick frypan, melt margarine over medium high heat, cook garlic and mushrooms, shaking pan, for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, oregano and thyme, cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until tomatoes are heated throough and mushroom are tender.
- (Can be prepared an hour or two in advance and reheated).
- Sprinkle with parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste.
I had this for dinner and it was womderful Dorothy. I had some left over cold chicken and slivered that, topped with parmesan cheese wow. It's a keeper like all your recipes are!
Great combination of flavours. I didn't have any cherry tomatoes so used ordinary tomatoes cut into large chunks. Worked fine. Can see lots of uses for this dish. Thanks for posting, Cheers :)
Excellent and beautiful side dish. Goes well with chicken.