Recipe by Love2Eat
This is a delicious sauce served over pasta or chicken breasts and so quick to put together. If your cherry tomatoes are quite sweet, you can get away with not adding the pinch of sugar. You decide! Enjoy!
Top Review by Kathy(
Oh so simple, but WOW is this recipe delicious! Very fast and easy to make, and a real winner. I made it the first time and halved the tomatoes. I think quartering the tomatoes would be even better. Thanks for a keeper!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup copped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, heat oil over medium low heat.
- Cook garlic, half the parsley and the salt and pepper til fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, lemon rind and sugar.
- Saute over medium-hig heat until tomatoes are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in lemon juice and remaining parsley.
- Makes 1 cup.