Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
Created because the ingredients for RSC#10 were so inspiring! I do hope you will enjoy!
Make and share this Cherry Tomato and Herb Omelette recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, chopped finely (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon capers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- parsley, to garnish
- Combine all the ingredients, except the sour cream.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet(or omelette pan) and pour in olive oil. Swirl pan to coat with the oil.
- Heat the broiler.
- Pour half the egg mixture into the skillet and cook until set underneath, about 1-2 minutes. Lift sides of omelette with a spatula to check doneness.
- Place the pan under the broiler and cook until omelette is golden on top, about 2 minutes (watch carefully!).
- Fold omelette in half and remove to serving plate.
- Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Top each with sour cream. Garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
Really liked this omelette. I had never put capers in an omelette, am sure glad I did because I love salty things. The jalapenos were also a wonderful addition. Went together in a snap and used all ingredients as suggested in recipe. I did however; use the pan and just turned the omelette over after rolling it, and all was perfect. Nice taste....and very filling as another reviewer suggested. The basil and cherry tomatoes brings a little pop to the whole omelette that tasted delightful. Thank you and good luck! Made for *RSC 10*
Delicious! Loved the way all the flavors worked together. The only thing I would do different next time would be to cut the tomatoes smaller. Thanks for the tasty keeper.
We enjoyed these omelettes. I always use milk, so did that here. I think next time I would add more capers, since we love them. Nice combination of ingredients.