Recipe by dale!
This is my idea of a perfect food! Cherry tomatoes, basil and feta on a puff pastry base. A delicious lunch, light meal or snack. Serve with salad for a complete meal.
Top Review by flower7
This was really delicious! I too had an issue with the dough getting soggy in the center but that was possibly partially my fault as I had cooked the tomatoes longer (2 more min) in the skillet so they were softer and some of them burst their skins, making a lot of juice. Otherwise I made no changes except to skip the sugar and to add some fresh ground black pepper over the tomatoes before baking. I used home grown basil and a nice sheep's milk feta. Thanks for the recipe dale!
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 150 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the pastry on a baking sheet.
- Fold in the edges to form a small border around the edges and pinch together.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the tomatoes and sugar.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until the tomatoes are shiny and heated.
- Combine the feta and most of the basil (reserve some for garnishing).
- Spread this mixture over the pastry base.
- Distribute the tomatoes over the top of the feta.
- Bake in a 390° Fahrenheit (200° Celsius) oven for 15 minutes, or until the pastry is lightly browned and puffed.
- Sprinkle with remaining basil and freshly shaved parmesan cheese.