I prepared these for my girlfriend and I for Valentine's Day, 2007. Easy to make, and visually stunning, this cherry tiramisu can be served in martini glasses, as a perfect finish to a perfect meal. Note that the cherry sauce should be made a few hours earlier, as it will need time to cool in the fridge.
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 15 ml Kahlua
- 30 ml strong brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 20 fresh cherries, pitted and chopped
- 75 ml water
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 20 ml Amaretto
- 5 ml lemon juice
- 4 -5 shortbread, fingers crumbled
- 2 fresh cherries
- powdered chocolate milk mix
- To make the cherry sauce, bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add as much sugar as will dissolve into the water, then add the Amaretto and lemon juice.
- Just before it starts to boil, add the cherries, and stir it over a high heat until the liquid takes on the color of the cherries.
- Reduce the heat, and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Place the mixture in a small bowl, cover tightly, and place in the fridge.
- To make the coffee cream, simply combine the cheese, Kahlua, and coffee in a bowl, and stir until the mixture is uniform in color.
- Add sugar to taste, if necessary.
- Once the cherry sauce has cooled, arrange the three components in layers in a martini glass, with the biscuit crumbs on the bottom, cherry sauce in the middle, and coffee cream on top.
- Refridgerate until the coffee cream is firm.
- Decorate with powdered sugar, and place a cherry on top.