Recipe by Derf
Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmm Good!! (sub any other fruit you like)
Top Review by Sunsh1ne
Delicious! I made this tonight because I was craving something sweet. This could not have been easier! I used cherry pie filling because that's what I had on hand. Fresh cherries aside, everything I needed for this was already in my kitchen. I will save this recipe for when I have company.
- 2 cups cherries
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cherries in a greased, 8 inch square baking dish.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the egg, sugar, milk, butter or margarine and vanilla in a blender for 60 to 90 seconds.
- Pour the blender mixture into the flour mixture and stir lightly.
- Pour this batter over the cherries in the baking dish, spreading batter to edges of dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350f degrees.
- Cobbler is done when batter is lightly browned and tooth pick inserted in centre of batter comes out clean.