Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmm Good!! (sub any other fruit you like)
- 2 cups cherries
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place cherries in a greased, 8 inch square baking dish.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix the egg, sugar, milk, butter or margarine and vanilla in a blender for 60 to 90 seconds.
- Pour the blender mixture into the flour mixture and stir lightly.
- Pour this batter over the cherries in the baking dish, spreading batter to edges of dish.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes at 350f degrees.
- Cobbler is done when batter is lightly browned and tooth pick inserted in centre of batter comes out clean.
Delicious! I made this tonight because I was craving something sweet. This could not have been easier! I used cherry pie filling because that's what I had on hand. Fresh cherries aside, everything I needed for this was already in my kitchen. I will save this recipe for when I have company.
I made this on 6/20/11 for the Baked Goods Event in the Food Photo Forum.I did something to this recipe I normally don't do,I made it as it was written.:)After it was baked, I let it cool for about 20 minutes or so.I found the crust to be more cake like than what I'm used to,but it had great flavor. The idea of using the blender to mix up the batter was a clever idea.:)I think for the amount of the batter 2 cups of cherries weren't enough,so if this made again another cup of cherries will be added.Thanks for taking the time to post and," Keep Smiling :) "
After reading the other reviews, I went into this wanting more of a cherry upside-down cake--and this recipe did not disappoint! I used about 3 cups of sour cherries and added 1/4 cup of sugar to them directly, cutting back the sugar in the batter to 1/2 cup. I also added 1/4 tsp almond extract. This is a keeper and a wonderful super easy dessert! Thank you!