Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooks.com in my quest for cherry chicken dishes. Haven't tried it yet.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1 (15 ounce) can cherries, pitted
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 -4 slices fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- cornstarch, for thickening
- Mix all ingredients, except chicken breasts, and heat to simmering.
- Add chicken breasts and cook approximately 10 minutes on each side, or until cooked.
- Remove breasts and ginger slices.
- Thicken remaining sauce with cornstarch and pour over chicken.
This was really tasty. I used WAY less cherries than called for and it was plenty fruity. I used only about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of cherries. I also used 2 T of soy sauce and 1/4 cup of chicken broth. Splenda instead of sugar. I used diced chicken breast because that is what I had in the fridge, and I served it over rice with the sauce. It was excellent, thanks!